In extracting data from these sources, the Research Editor must adhere to a set of guidelines on PEP selection and the level of personal details required. The Research Editor is expected to deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible of specific professional groups while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief. The Research Editor is also responsible for verifying the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and must follow an established set of procedures to do so. The role of the Research Editor is also to keep the PEP Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by on-going monitoring for new sources.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID _2016-28671_
- Strong knowledge of (and interest in) international affairs
- Fluency in Spanish is essential, as is a good understanding of English. An additional language is an advantage.
- Understanding of the political landscape in Latin America, with a primary focus on Argentina, Cuba and Guatemala.
- Research or editorial experience with web searching skills
- Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources
- Good organizational skills
- Education to degree level
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Excellent proof reading skills and the ability to handle large volumes of information
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships
- Positive outlook on change, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to work outside a traditional office environment